Amendment 10--Changes to Major Thoroughfare Plan and System Performance Report
Long Range Transportation Plan Amendment 10 Packet
The City of Ozark has requested a number of changes to the Major Thoroughfare Plan, which correspond to the attached map:
- Rural Collector to Secondary Arterial - From Sandstone along Summit then Future Secondary Arterial Extending to Hwy W
- Collector to Local - 22nd between Hwy 14 & Warren
- Add Future Primary Arterial - 19th from New E/W Future Collector from 6th to Selmore, Revised 17th Alignment
- Revise Oak to Primary Arterial from 17th to 11th, Remove Western Future Primary Alignment
- Revise Collector to Local and Remove Future Collector on 7th & 5th
- Remove Future Collector from Hartley to Lark
- Future Collector Realigned to 25th Street
- Revise 20th to Secondary Arterial from Collector, Remove Future Collectors and Proposed Secondary Arterial, Realign Future Collector to Fremont
- Future Collector between Combs & Fremont Removed
- Future Secondary Arterial Realigned along 20th to Longview
- Primary Collector Realigned to 18th
- Revise 14th to Local from Collector
- Removed Future Collector & Revised 12th to Local
- Relocate Future Secondary Arterial Alignment
- Future Secondary Arterial Bridge Crossing Removed
- Realign 19th Collector to Frontage Rd Alignment
- Sunset Revised to Local and Future Collector Relocated at Garton Rd to Indian Valley Dr
- Add Future Collector from Bluestem to Farmer Branch
- Revised Fremont to Primary Arterial from Sun Valley Rd to County Line
Staff is recommending an additional set of changes to update the Major Thoroughfare Plan with changes that have been made to an existing roadway:
- 1. Realignment of Central Street to Pythian Street Central has been vacated and is now a part of the OTC campus. Pythian has now been extended to recreate an east-west connection. This update corresponds to the Functional Classification Request that was approved by the Board of Directors at their June 2019 meeting.
As part of the FAST Act Performance Measures requirements, OTO must continue to update its planning documents to align with the implementation rules of the Performance Measure Requirements. These Major Thoroughfare Plan changes are considered an update to the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), Transportation Plan 2040, and so the LRTP System Performance Report must be updated to include the Targets that have been adopted to date.
Transportation Plan 2040 is the long range transportation plan for the region and proposes a list of projects which can be afforded through 2040. Projects moved to construction in the Transportation Improvement Program must first appear in Transportation Plan 2040.
How to comment:
In writing: OTO, 2208 W. Chesterfield Blvd., Suite 101, Springfield, MO 65807
The public comment period will end on August 16, 2019. The OTO Board of Directors will review and consider approving the Amendment at their August 15, 2019 Board Meeting, held at 12:00 noon at 2208 W. Chesterfield Boulevard, Suite 101, Springfield, Missouri. After reviewing recommendations and entertaining public comment, the OTO Board of Directors will decide whether to formally adopt the Amendment, pending additional public comment received through August 16, 2019.